As part of our ongoing effort to improve our advertising program, we're testing an updated AdWords billing interface that's designed to make the payment process easier and more flexible.
Weâ??ve just started the testing process with a small group of U.S. advertisers, and weâ??re inviting eligible advertisers to participate so we can incorporate your feedback into the changes weâ??re working on. Although your billing method and form of payment won't change, youâ??ll have access to some snazzy new features. If you already have the new Billing tab, your Billing Summary page will look like this:
If you don't have the updated Billing tab yet, we're giving you the opportunity to upgrade early. Hereâ??s what you can expect from your updated Billing tab:
- Get more control. Choose to initiate a payment on your account at any time and use any form of payment available with your country and currency settings.
- Make payments directly from your billing summary page. You can do this by clicking the "Make a payment" button.
- Add multiple forms of payments and switch between them. Add as many forms of payment as you want to your account and switch between using them at any time.
- Use different business and billing addresses. Your business address doesn't have to match your billing address. Plus, each form of payment can have a different billing address.
- Get additional support. You will have access to improved help content in the new Billing tab and help center.
In addition, the below changes in terminology will be reflected in your upgraded Billing tab. Keep in mind that despite the name changes, these billing methods will function the same as they did previously.
- Postpay is now called "automatic payments." We'll automatically charge you only after your ads accrue costs.
- Prepay is now called "manual payments." You can make payments to your account whenever and in whatever amount you like. Your ad costs draw from those funds.
- Direct debit is now called "bank account." Your funds will be debited from your bank account.
For more information on the new Billing tab, please visit the FAQ in the AdWords Help Center.
If you're interested in upgrading your Billing tab to the new system, please complete this form. Currently, only U.S. advertisers are eligible, but weâ??ll gradually increase the number of advertisers testing this updated Billing interface in the coming months and make it available to international testers. For eligible accounts, weâ??ll upgrade your Billing tab and send you an email confirmation to let you know that you can start using the new tab right away. However, weâ??re not able to guarantee that all interested advertisers will have their accounts upgraded at this time. Also, please note that if your account is upgraded to the new Billing tab, you won't be able to switch back to the previous billing interface.
Posted by Dan Friedman, Inside AdWords crew
Leggi il resto...